Tommy is passionate in solving the world’s problems and bringing clear social and environmental impact. His past experience includes owner/ managing partner of handwoven furniture and fashion brands, executive of Indonesia’s top conglomerate group, manager with The Boston Consulting Group.
After spending 10 years in the US and Europe, Tommy went back to pursue his idealism of building Indonesia, foregoing his permanent residence status abroad. Tommy received MBA with Honors from Booth School of Business (University of Chicago), and spent some time learning development economics in London School of Economics. Together with Sugianto, he was also selected and graduated from Harvard University & Schwab Foundation/ David Rubenstein’s scholarship program on “Delivering Social Impact at Scale”. Tommy was selected as Top 100 Visionary Leaders by Real Leaders magazine (https://realleaders.
com/spring-2018/). Along with Greenhope as an “Unreasonable Company”, Tommy was selected as one of the Unreasonable Fellows in very selective Unreasonable Goals (unreasonable-goals.com).
Tommy also greatly values spending time with his wife and two homeschooled daughters.
Some additional recognitions for Greenhope:
- Best Applied Innovation from the Indonesian Ministry for Research & Technology
- Ernst & Young Entrepreneur Award (Innovation)
- Indonesia President’s Industrial Pioneer Award
- World Economic Forum – Schwab Foundation’s Social Entrepreneur Award
- Innovation Award from Indonesia Ministry for Research & Technology
- Indonesia Most Innovative Company from SWA Magazine
- Global Listing – 50 Most Impactful Social Innovators
Greenhope has also been featured in World Economic Forum, Deutsche Welle (DW), Forbes, Fortune, Tempo, Globe Asia, Marketing, MIX, SWA, Kompas, The Jakarta Post, Jawa Post, Indonesia Tatler, Metro TV, Dai TV and other medias.